Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Alternate radiator sources  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-27-2008 06:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
subwoofer

18711 has an aftermarket* (and stuffed up) radiator, so I am in dire need of a replacement. The local car parts supplier has loads available, but finding a fitting one from the catalogs is next to impossible, since they are all sorted on brand/model and the catalog is ~1500 pages thick. Jensen is not listed (what a bombshell).

Does anyone know of any contemporary or volume car models that have a compatible radiator? Any ideas?

Edit: *) It's marked "Tucson Radiator", but looks a lot like the one pictured in the JHPS boutique. Makes me assume it's aftermarket, but who can tell...

Last edited on 05-27-2008 07:23 am by subwoofer

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-03-2013 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
mdutch

I talked to member Bruce "Red Racer" Madden in Atlanta who said any good rebuilding shop should be able to re-core your radiator, but "be sure to tell them you need a 3-row staggered core." (As opposed to in-line core.)

Posted: 03-03-2013 08:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
subwoofer

This was sorted years ago, had a local radiator shop fit the largest core from Nissens that would fit the tanks.

--
Joachim

Posted: 03-04-2013 07:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
mdutch

--------- BUMP -------------
Want to bump this to see if anyone has lines on part numbers, or easily adaptable OEM radiators in the U.S. Or are you just get their old one re-cored?
I've heard a lot of advice about recoring radiators, including "make sure you get a 3-row staggered core," and "I got a 4-row core for mine." I'll have to see what's available at the local shop in Dallas.
Anyone care to weigh in? While it's out, I'd like to get this redone once and for all.

Last edited on 03-07-2013 10:28 pm by mdutch

Current time is 11:09 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Cooling > Alternate radiator sources Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems