Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Replacing J-H top  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-25-2008 07:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
dwalls1

I guess everyone knows that the factory only put black tops or hoods on the J-H. I am going to replace mine and have been having unpure thoughts about ordering a color other than black. 17798 is white with the tan interior, my wife is partial to blue and I am leaning towards a color that would blend or contrast with the interior. Would we be committing a sacrelige if we didn't do black? Would we subject to ridicule and humiliation? Any feedback would be appreciated. Dale

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-26-2008 01:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

I suspect the only top that actually fits properly is only available in black or tan. Get one from the club store and be happy.

Kurt

Posted: 05-26-2008 02:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
dwalls1

Thanks Kurt! Your advice is probably right on, but I am inclined to live dangerously, so I'm going to pursue alternatives. Jim at Delta is looking into different colors from Robbins and I am not entirely disillusioned about other suppliers tops. I may end up with black vinyl in the end, but it is fun reviewing the samples and trying to picture what they would look like installed.  Thanks again, Dale 

Posted: 05-26-2008 02:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
jgreen

I have a Tan Canvas Top from Robbins installed 3 years ( I was told other colors are available for a significantly higher price). I would say the canvas is of excellent quality and the fit is very good. It is not perfect as there is a small space left open on the right side window. Apparently, they didn't know about the light variations in side window shapes from model to model. It;s nothing big, but the gap is noticable. It may also br the fault of the installer, but as I have already stated the fit and finish of the rest of the top is great so it is no big deal to me.

Posted: 05-26-2008 03:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dwalls1

And Thank You Sir,

I was kinda leaning towards vinyl as my experience with canvas is that it shows the dirt really bad and doesn't clean up as easily as vinyl. The canvas does look great when it's clean. Also the touted longevity of canvas is not relative to the additional cost. IMHO I have not seen a J-H with any color top but black. Could you post some pics of yours? Thanks Again, Dale

Current time is 11:43 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Replacing J-H top Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems