Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Seat belt malfunction  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-23-2008 01:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
OneBuck

Driver side seat belt will not rachet.  Has anyone taken one of these apart and had any luck repairing?  Or, should I just order one from Delta.  Thanks, David G.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-10-2008 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post

I tired to repair the inertia locks on my seat belts and finally gave up and bought new.  When I took the ratcheting mechanism apart what I found was amazing.  There is a marble seated in a depression on a piece of sheet metal that appeared to be cut from an old biscuit tin with paint and lettering on it. 

I never could get the old one to work correctly and considering on most drives I'm reminded that my ear is about the same height as the wheel hub of an SUV I thought replacement was due.

The new ones work great.  I think I'll disassemble the old ones for pictures and post them. 

Posted: 04-12-2009 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
John Finch

Where did you find the replacements?

Thanks John

Posted: 04-13-2009 02:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
rossjfox

I replaced mine with belts i got here: http://gotbelts.com/products.html

I tried the belts from Delta, but the length of the latch side was much longer than the original and for my taste, didn't look or feel right.   The place above was able to match the lengths of the original, and they have all the neat little parts like the buttons and such that are so hard to find.

Ross

Last edited on 04-13-2009 02:40 am by rossjfox

Posted: 04-14-2009 12:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dwalls1

12371 wrote: I tired to repair the inertia locks on my seat belts and finally gave up and bought new.  When I took the ratcheting mechanism apart what I found was amazing.  There is a marble seated in a depression on a piece of sheet metal that appeared to be cut from an old biscuit tin with paint and lettering on it. 

I never could get the old one to work correctly and considering on most drives I'm reminded that my ear is about the same height as the wheel hub of an SUV I thought replacement was due.

The new ones work great.  I think I'll disassemble the old ones for pictures and post them. 

I had mine out when I installed the new carpets. While fooling with them they didn't seem to work so I disassembled them and fooled with them some more, gave up and reinstalled them. Once bolted in and the mable settled into the bisquit tin, all was well. It wasn't what I was expecting either, but it does work. Sort of like the inertia switch on some fuel injected cars.

Current time is 07:00 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Seat belt malfunction Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems