|Moderated by: Greg Fletcher|
I'm restoring a jensen healey (American model, 1976) that had an engine fire. I got new carbs (stromberg 175 CD-2, or CD-SE, not sure) and have a lot of the fuel lines hooked up, and a lot of the engine put back together, but I can't figure out where the following hose connections go:
1) Where does the upper heater hose connect to?. I have the lower heater hose connected to the water pump next to the lower radiator hose.
2) Where does the Crankcase vent go to? I think its a Crankcase vent but I'm not entirely sure. Its by the carbs on the block towards the back of the engine.
3) Where does the exhaust manifold vent connect to?
4) What does the distributor vacuum advance connect to?
5) Where does the center intake manifold connection go? Is this a vacuum or heater connection? I think it's a vacuum, but I want to be sure. I have the intake manifold vacuum line connected to the brake booster. Is this right?
6) Where does the stud off of the top of the inlet manifold connect to? This is the one near the water temp. sensor.
7) What do the inlets on the inside back of the stromberg carbs connect to? I have the first two lower inlets hooked up to the main fuel line. I have the top to studs hooked up together flowing back to the fuel canister. Is this right?
Any help on this would be great. This is my first restoration, and is turning out to be a bit harder than I thought it would. Thanks!
Brett Gibson JH5 20497
|Greg, OK of the top of my head.
1. heater hose, intake manifold to heater core.
2. crank vent, to carb air cleaners
3. get rid of the manifold and get Delta's header, otherwise pipe it up to the airpump smog item if you still have it , otherwise plug them.
4. inlet maniflod center spigot.
5. see above, brake booster goes to intake manifold but use's the larger port towards the rear.
6. What stud, not sure what your describing.
7. the small rear most hose connection in the center of each goes to the carbon cannister, the 5/16 inside of each carb near the linkage is for gas feed, use a metal tee, the other 5/16 is for a hose from carb to carb for balance, the small ones on the right sides bypass valve ......... aahhh forgot, but plug them, you dont need them, carbon cannister, maybe.
Well anyhow hope this helps, good luck
|You might want to view some of the photos on JHP Photo Gallery link.