Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Rear and position lights junction?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Rear and position lights junction?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-10-2008 09:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
subwoofer

There is an open circuit somewhere between the lights switch and the first junction (probably anyway, since I have no rear lights, pos lights or license plate lights, and the rest of the electrics are in decent shape.

I only have one problem: I can't seem to find the junction, the red wire just disappears into the loom as a single line, and I have not been able to locate the other end of it.

Any ideas?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-11-2008 05:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
JodyFKerr

The red positive wire runs all the way up to the front, underneath the dashboard. If I remember correctly it connects to the back of the light switch on the dash (it's been a little while since I did the wiring on mine).

MY first JH had a terrible short in said wire, and I had to replace it all the way back.

I just double checked the wiring diagram and it indicates the same thing. The wire connects to pole 3 on the light switch.

Jody

Posted: 05-11-2008 06:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
subwoofer

I think I may have been a bit unclear here: I start with the end of the red wire at the lights switch, I am looking for the first junction.

According to the schematics, there should be a junction somewhere distibuting the line to front and back of the car, so I guess it should be under the dash somewhere, I just can't seem to find it.

I'll just replace the line from the switch to the first junction, that is really the simple bit.

Posted: 05-11-2008 02:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
JodyFKerr

Ahh, my pologies, and the memory in this area is kinda fuzzy.

I checked the harness in my primary JH. The lead wire is ~10" and goes to a small junction tucked to the lefthand side under the dash. Mind you this particular harness is one I made from scratch a coule years back using the original burned out one as a template.

I also checked the only factory" harness in the garage, and it appears that it was bodged using a yellow crimp connector roughly 5" from the switch connection. From a positioning perspective it's also up and to the left.

HTH

Jody

Posted: 05-12-2008 02:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
John Kimbrough

Subwoofer, there are a set of wiring diagrams and pictures with plugs and junctions under the dash identified.  Maybe they will help.  Cheers, John.

http://home.comcast.net/~jrkengr2/html/wiring.html

Posted: 05-12-2008 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
subwoofer

It's sorted. There was a break in the wire between the switch and the junction just forward of the firewall, sorted that and a lot came back to life. It also seems that Red and Red with Orange stripe cables are mixed in this net, although the schematics claim them to be red.

Downloaded all the diagrams a few weeks back, they have been a tremendous help in sorting out the electrics. I just about have a roadworthy car now, I just have to connect the front two position lights to the flasher nets, and I should be OK.

Thanks a lot for you help!

- Joachim

Current time is 09:23 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Rear and position lights junction? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems