Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
random dellorto questions  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-22-2008 03:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
j23mau

I got a little carried away on my car and figured "while I was at it" I would put on the 40's I had sitting in the garage without really thinking it through. Problems have ensued.

1. The 2 studs in the center of the block were not used. (Easy for the strombergs removal, but hence the studs are now frozen) after attempts with rust removal products I am stumped about how to get them off or just grind them off since they aren't used with the dell manifold.

2.Upon the inspection, the cold start piston valve is stuck even after soaking it in carb cleaner. How much pressure can I use to remove? From which direction do I attempt to coerce the valve out?

3. There are no visable numbers on the choke. How do I tell the size of the chokes?

4. Should I replace the needle valve just because?

I am sure there will be more questions as I continue but this should keep me busy for a little while.

Thanks
Jeremy Mau
Monmouth, Illinois

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-22-2008 11:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Jeremy, best thing you can do to help yourself is by the Des Hammill book on how to rebuild these puppies, Amazon sell's them cheap.

Brett

Posted: 04-22-2008 02:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
j23mau

I've got the book and have been reading it.  I was just looking for a little more insight from people who have "been there and done that".

Posted: 04-22-2008 04:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

#1, Heat the studs, be very carefull to stay away from the block,

#2, if its stuck closed, dont bother with it, you dont need them anyhow, if you must, tap it out from the bottom side, use the largest punch you can because you will be tapping against the rubber seal surface, make sure the linkage arm assy. is taken off first.

#3, numbers are usaully on the outside of barrel, needs to be out to be seen.

#4, needel valve, mixture screw??? if the threads and taper are fine no reson to, if the taper is mared, then yes.

#5, 

Current time is 07:56 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > random dellorto questions Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems