Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > differential/axle correctly positioned?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Harkes

Can anyone tell me if my differential is correctly positioned?

when looking from engine bay point of view (with engine still out), right through the tunnel where the gearbox is supposed to go, i can see my differential is not in the centre of the tunnel.

now is it supposed to be off centred?

i redid the entire rear suspension and axle so everything was out and i rebuild it recently. It looks to be right it is just odd that the diff axle toward the gearbox seems to be off centred. It might not matter as the axle goes slightly below the tunnel rather than in the tunnel but nonetheless still is odd.

does anyone have pictures of their diff as seen from the gbox tunnel?

thanks

Erik harkes

"The Shark" 15175

Harkes

when going through my "disassembling" pictures i found out the diff/axle was positioned precisely the same as it is now..off centred.

see picture: http://shorpac.com/v-web/gallery/album67/IMG_0075

can anyone tell from this picture if it should be like this?

Mitch Ware

Since that is the way that mine looked both before and after my rebuild, and over 3000 miles later is working perfectly, I'd say that is the way it is supposed to be.

Mitch Ware

1974 JH-5 #111119670
1971 TR-6 #CC66950LO

Ricardo

Same thing happened to me a while back and I asked the same question; the answer is Yes, that's the way it's in there, a little offside.

Ricardo

Harkes

Thanks guys, that was the answer i was hoping to get and a real relief. On to my next task: the gas tank...it has a little leak.

Cheers

erik

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems