Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Exhaust system replacement

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Exhaust system replacement  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-03-2011 05:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Mason Jones

Oops, sorry, that was Brett who mentioned the angle of the header.

Being in Texas I probably won't make the next JH gathering but might be fun to have a blind exhaust test and see which gets the most votes. Even better, see if you can recognize the sound of your own car blindfolded.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-03-2011 01:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Just to add to my old post about the cat. converter I didnt realize at the time but the drivers side floor pans on cars equiped with it have a raised section for clearance. I replaced that floor pan with a Delta pan and it didnt have that raised section but It didnt registar at the time I did it and that was the reason I could no longer use the heat sheild. If you ever get a chance to inspect a GT take a look you will see the tell tale hump.

Brett

Posted: 08-04-2011 12:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
timeforwalkies

Just a quick note on your install.
Check the joints.  This is a bolt together system.  Mine was installed for me by people who claimed to be professionals.  It was difficult for them, and it had leaks at every joint.  I didn't know that until several months later when I found black soot at every joint.
Hope yours came out well.

Last edited on 08-04-2011 12:51 am by timeforwalkies

Posted: 08-04-2011 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Dakota123

Mason Jones wrote:

Being in Texas I probably won't make the next JH gathering but might be fun to have a blind exhaust test and see which gets the most votes. Even better, see if you can recognize the sound of your own car blindfolded.

Great idea! Trying to figure this one out without wasting a bunch of dough (more than was already wasted!) is making my head spin.

Mike

Posted: 08-05-2011 02:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Mason Jones

timeforwalkies wrote: Check the joints.  This is a bolt together system.  Mine was installed for me by people who claimed to be professionals.  It was difficult for them, and it had leaks at every joint.  I didn't know that until several months later when I found black soot at every joint.

Thanks, I will definitely check the joints for leaks. As soon as I get it back on pavement again!

Posted: 08-11-2011 05:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Dakota123

Dave Bean has NOS units still available, and at a fair price. It's a straight-through design, double-in/double out, so probably not giving up too much going this route. It's stainless, a nice surprise.

Terrible build quality; the tips are not parallel and the welding looks like maybe I did it. Kind of charming, actually.

Mike

Posted: 08-24-2011 06:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Mason Jones

I did this recording of the sound of the Delta exhaust just for fun. The sound of the valves kind of overpowers the exhaust!

And yes, the muffler is cockeyed. I need to fix that. None of the original mounts were there and I was using off-the-shelf crap from Autozone none of which was quite what I needed.

http://youtu.be/f5p7xO8oi6A

Posted: 08-24-2011 06:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
subwoofer

Crikey! You should have a look at those shims, sumthin' ain't right... Your idle's a bit high too, but I guess you already know that.

Your exhaust looks like mine, but the sound is quite different. Mine snarls, this sounded a bit mellow. Make another video and give it some stick?

--
Joachim

Current time is 03:13 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Exhaust system replacement Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems