Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Texas "chapter" should meet

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
Poll
I'd sign up for a Texas JH Owners "chapter" as long as...
1 1 (33.33%)
2 1 (33.33%)
3 1 (33.33%)
4 2 (66.67%)
5 1 (33.33%)
3 votes
 Poll endedPoll ended
AuthorPost
mdutch

Well, I've "found" local owner David Harrel, currently in mid off-body restoration of his JH here in Dallas.

I've had my JH since 2002, and I know in my gut there's more DFW area owners here -- and quite a few around Texas --  I've seen them on this board and seen cars advertised locally!

My goal is in seeing if we can gather up with other Jensen owners in Texas and "form a chapter" (I use the term VERY loosely) for the purposes of having a meet once in a while, and maybe a "LoneStar Meet".  (And hey, how about NOT IN MID-SUMMER?).

Proposed by-laws (because this board already covers everything else)
1.  No group e-mail distro unless its info about meetings, road-trips, etc.
2.  No damn meetings unless Jensen Healeys are on display!

Subject to amendment and approval.

Any interest?  Any takers?

--Mark Holland

jcdean

I would drive down from OKC for a meet or two as long is it is after an OU win at the Texas State Fair.  Heck, I'd drive down if we lose as long as beer was involved.

Joey

Greg Fletcher
Administrator

I'm not saying that beer is not a goodly beverage, but scientific evidence reveals the following-

Wine Drinkers Live Longer Than Beer Guzzlers
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/01/050131224416.htm

Besides, wine glasses don’t weigh as much as beer mugs - less wear and tear on the wrist and elbow, fewer cases of carpal tunnel!

mdutch

I cannot state it more simply.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be Happy."
                 -- Benjamin Franklin.

================================================

Okay, here goes, launching our
Texas "regional" membership chapter

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TexasJensens

Primary goal is to coordinate for a Texas-based JH meet.  (Hope I'm not duplicating someone elses efforts, someone shoot me a clue if I am!)

Last edited on 02-01-2008 05:24 am by mdutch

Greg Fletcher
Administrator

Ben Franklin also wrote about Noah and Wine:

"Before Noah, men having only water to drink, could not find the truth. Accordingly...they became abominably wicked, and they were justly exterminated by the water they loved to drink. This good man, Noah, having seen that all his contemporaries had perished by this unpleasant drink, took a dislike to it; and God, to relieve his dryness, created the vine and revealed to him the art of making le vin. By the aid of this liquid he unveiled more and more truth."

mdutch

Ben obviously hadn't been to Texas.

Last edited on 02-01-2008 05:11 am by mdutch

TXJH

I'm doing a body off restoration here in The Woodlands.  I'm always up for a meeting involving LBC's and some Shiner Bock

Brian Corbett

mdutch

Well, my friend David Harrel and I are building (or rather I'm pointing and talking and he's got boundless energy) a "Jensen" rotisserie to be initiated with his off-body restoration he's in the midst of.  I'll let him tell the love story of this car he's had more then half his life in two chapters, but the pictorial is up on his site starting with the eBay sales photos.
            http://www.cell15design.com/jensen/Rotisserie/

Check out that coolio rotisserie.  It all unbolts nicely for flat storage.  And it might be available on-loan to reputable regional Texas chapter members, so join up at Yahoo Groups!

CAVEAT: Remember, this is a contact-bio-pix and e-mail distro group, not a forum chatty place or repository for tech info.  That's why we're also HERE!!

(More wine, Greg!?!)

mdutch

TXJH wrote: I'm doing a body off restoration here in The Woodlands.  I'm always up for a meeting involving LBC's and some Shiner Bock

Brian Corbett
Sure would be great to have you in our little group.  Join us at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TexasJensens
and spread the word around.  I'd sure like to find more JH owners around, it gets me jazzed when I see what other owners are getting done in restoring and sourcing for their cards...  and gives me a spark when I realize I might be doing a decent job on mine!

Texas has a reputation for having a pretty high number of Jensen original owners.  I don't  know how the stats are these days, but I'm hoping we can gather up a few interested folks and at least have a little brisket, beer, and british petrol mixed together this May.  Sound like a plan?

mdutch

Join http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TexasJensens/ !!

Calling out again to all Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico owners and enthusiasts of the JH marque to gather. 

Our group is up and running with a half-dozen members in a scant couple of weeks.  Restricted to regional members only, this is not a tech or forum like JHPS (which we all revere Greg!), but purely a communication tool for those of us who like that there's mountains between us and y'all!

We've started a Database with a regional member directory and a Used Parts and Spares Inventory for our "leftovers" that our member community can swap & sell to further their projects without having to sweat the shipping so much.

Ultimate goal?  To hold a BBQ & Shiner Bock laden meet sometime in early summer.  Maybe by next year to have an actual Rally!  Who knows.

Come see us!

Art DeKneef

I'll be in the Dallas area (Las Colinas area) Thursday through Monday at a conference and am checking if anyone is in the area and might want to meet on Sunday evening. Currently it's the only free time available but that might change as there has been some discussion of having a focus group during that time.

If you might be available let me know. I should know Friday if they decide to really have this meeting or not.

Art

Trueblue R/T

How about another okie.A million years agoI worked at Overseas Motors [when they were still on lemon ave.]Actually had several JH demos and currently own one whitch is going through a long term resto..

Barry

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems