Greg Fletcher
Administrator

It's the same dude.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 01-13-2009 02:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
roverman

Looks like "buyer beware", Thanks, roverman.

Posted: 01-20-2009 06:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
roblanford

Hi, I'm replying to the question about pressure testing the fuel tank. My suggestion is don't do it. Just think about the math involved on one side -1 foot by 2.5 feet -so that is 2.5 x 144 x 10psi = 3500lbs pressure on one side. If you only use 1psi it will be 350 lbs of pressure on one side. I would suggest putting a cup or so of diesel fuel in the tank and rotate it to check the seams. The diesel will leak easier than water or gasoline.

Robert

Last edited on 01-20-2009 06:06 am by roblanford

Posted: 01-29-2009 06:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
timeforwalkies

Just a short update to the Jaguars By Jorge aluminum fuel tank problems.
I had my existing steel tank repaired but was concerned that in the future the tank might develop another leak.  Jaguars By Jorge put his tanks on sale, plus free shipping so I decided to take a chance and buy one for future use.
I don't know if the sending unit flange problem was solved.  I didn't get that far.  I noticed right away that the tank was rattling around in the crate and when I removed the end panel found that there was no packing material.  Just a few pieces of crumpled up newspaper.
When I removed the tank I discovered that one of the top flanges was bent over.  Not so bad that it could not be fixed, but bad enough.
Also the welds were really bad.  I mean High School weld shop bad.  Big thick welds that in some cases had to be ground off.  Worse, in a couple of places the welds had been ground off so bad it had gone into the base material.
Next there was a big bulge on the trunk exposed face.  To me this was a sign of either bad forming, over heating during weld, or damage from shipping.  I could not tell.
And finally Jorge's attitude has not changed.  He did offer me $50.00 off or to replace the tank at my expense, but when I declined he became very hostile.  More verbal abuse to me and to his employees.  He seems to think all that goes wrong is some body else's fault, and not his. It's his business.
So tank was sent back.  This time it only cost me the return shipping charge.
Stupid me.
Timeforwalkies

Current time is 10:23 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Fuel Stuff > Tanks, you're welcome Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems