Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Sun Visor  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 01-12-2008 08:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
d.dewdney

Does anyone have the dimensions of the Sun Visors (Driver & passenger), I want to try and manufacture a pair because when I purchased my Jensen she came sans visors. I am assuming there is a frame involved with padding and some sort of covering. It seems simple enough and is something to keep my hands busy over the winter.

Dave

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-19-2008 06:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
dwalls1

Saw your post a while back, thought I would chime in to see how you were doing on your project. I don't think I can offer much except encouragment. The visors on my J-H are intact, but the inner "stuff" has turned to powder. I will be investigating some sort of reconditioning, but I don't know when.

A check in the Delta Motorsports catalogue shows that they offer a rebuilt sunvisor.

It might be worth a call to them. (602) 265-8026. Take care, Dale

Posted: 04-23-2008 11:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
dthewlis

Delta will only sell you a rebuilt pair of Sunvisors in exchange for a pair of visors needing rebuilding, thus they can keep their supply going.

British Masters thought they had a pair of old originals which I could buy and then send to Delta to get them restored.  Unfortunately, they were never able to locate them.

If all else fails, Richard Appleyard Engineering in the U.K. does have brand new replica sunvisors.  They are expensive (30 GBP each), but available - and he has the "hockey sticks" (the mounting brackets) as well.  They are very nice - I would rate them as better than the originals, but of course I've never seen an original pair in new condition. Probably as close to exact matches as they could manage. http://www.jensen.co.uk or richard@jensen.co.uk.

Dave Thewlis

Posted: 04-24-2008 12:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
d.dewdney

I understand (I could be wrong) that Spitfire visors are compatible? Would it be the entire unit or just the attachment? I have no idea what the attachment even looks like.

I was at a all British car event last weekend and was unable to find ANY Visors, I was also looking for a rearview mirror (Mine looks an awful lot like what I had in My TR6's)couldn't find one of those either.

Just an FYI, I couldn't believe what some owners had done to their Triumphs, Corvette engines, supercharged,turbo charged....etc.

And yes I searched high and low for Jensens ........out of 200 cars nary a one. I did find a maintenace manual and tune up bok for JH. As for the visors they may have to wait a little while.

Dave (squinty) Dewdney

Posted: 04-24-2008 01:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dthewlis

I've been told that the visors from a Cessna ?180? would fit also (possibly another small Cessna) but don't know.  On the Jensen, the visor is just the visor itself.  The mounting brackets are separate and sometimes called "hockey sticks" because of their shape; they slide into the visor at either end.

You can probably get a rear view mirror from Richard Appleyard in the U.K. (see my previous posting) but I don't know what it would cost. 

Dave

Posted: 04-24-2008 01:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
colinw59

The rear view mirror for a 70 and on MGB GT are the same as that on the JH. Moss part # 165-245.  The door mirrors are also the same for a 74 and on MGB, and are available from Moss, except the mounting plinth differs and they are available in either chrome, as per JH, or black. I used both these Moss items on 15851.  Good luck, Colin

http://jhppg.com/gallery/74-Jensen-Healey-15851

Posted: 04-25-2008 12:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
dwalls1

Hi All,

Guess I'll keep this thread going because I found the latest posts interesting. One of the appeals for me of the J-H is it's relative rarity. Have been going to Brit Car shows and rallies for 7 years and had never seen one 'til I drove mine home 3 weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if there were many parts common to other british cars of that era. Maybe some one should compile a cross reference list, if it hasn't been done already. I guess one downside to the rarity thing is that the aftermarket is so small that reproduction parts won't pop up. Delta Motorsports does provide high quality repro from what Ive seen, but not a lot of the ginger bread stuff. If I were more competent with my digi cam and this computor I could send you photos of my visors with a scale so that they might be reproduced, but alas. Good Luck and God Bless. Dale 

Posted: 05-25-2008 03:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
dwalls1

Hello All!

Just a quickie to let you know how things are going with my "Rust free California Car" #17798. Started off replacing the seat foam in the drivers side am just finishing getting the interior reinstalled, except for the seats which still await the foam thing and replacing the support straps which were sagging worse than the foam. Much of the sag was due to the rust out under the drivers seat rear mount with the mount preparing to drop through the floor. Fortunately the one place is all I've found, but it necessitated removing enough of the carpet to warrant replacing the whole kit. Looks good now and while the carpets are not the best quality the price is reasonable and the installation went well, with the instructions only mildly confusing.

Dale

Current time is 12:56 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Sun Visor Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems