Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Electrical & Instruments  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 01-06-2008 08:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
d.dewdney

I Had asked this before but at the tail end of another Post (From 2005), after thinking about it I'm assuming no would read it unless it were a new post in itself.

So please excuse me if I'm lazy and just copy from that and re-post.

Hello gents, this is my first venture into the message board. I live in the North....way North than most of you, King City Ontario Canada. I'm new to the Jensen family but not new to british autos (1st car was an MGB and I never looked back. Now to my problem.

I bought a 1973 Jensen Healy in June (Just as I blew one of my own valves) I have yet to put her on the road but have managed to tinker here and there. One of my problems is the Tach, On start up it looks good and as she warms up the tach does not return but stays at 2000 rpm, If I rev it to 3000 she stays there. When the engine is shut down it again stays at 3000, if I leave it for period it eventualy goes back to zero.

Any thoughts you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave

In King City

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 01-06-2008 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Type "tachometer" in the search box and read all about it.

I suspect it needs lubrication of the moving parts.  Removal of the tach is a 3 vino job due to the likelyhood of back pain while your head is under the dash.

Also search for tips on removal like this one:

http://www.jensenhealey.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=593&forum_id=7&highlight=tach

Posted: 01-11-2008 03:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
d.dewdney

If it were only that easy............ Another symptom I neglected to mention was, If I let the engine idle the needle will climb (It just climbs quicker if I blip the throttle)I'm thinking lubricating could be needed but is probably only part of the problem.

Dave

Current time is 11:06 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Electrical & Instruments Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems