View single post by MikeIsotech
 Posted: 11-03-2010 03:31 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
MikeIsotech

Brett is right, the normal turn circuit should be isolated when the hazard switch is on. I'm wondering if you have problems with your new switch. I had to take mine apart and clean up the switch faces as they had oxidized with age.

One easy way to check out the hazard operation is to do it without the switch. Take the switch off the connector and use a small piece of wire to link between pin 3(light-green & pink wire) and pin 1 (green & white wire) on the harness connector. That will hardwire the power to the hazard side of the circuit and remove the normal turn signal side. You should now have the hazard lights working. If they aren't it may be worth trying a new hazard unit. If they are working then you need to check out the switch.

I decided to replace my old hazard and flasher units with modern electronic parts. The old electro-mechanical units are sensitive to the current flowing so don't always flash. The electronic ones are much more reliable. I got them for around $6 each and only had to add a ground wire to make each work.

Hope it helps

Mike