View single post by dwalls1
 Posted: 10-24-2010 11:07 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
dwalls1

Thanks Gentleman, it's always nice to know that one has company. I have used SAE and metric where they interchange for years. 8mm and 5/16ths are virtually the same. I have encountered 12mm often when working on motorcycles. That may explain why there are some 12mm nuts on my Healey. 1/2 inch and 13mm complement one another. Alas, 7/16ths is 7/16ths. BTW if adjusting valves on some Honda motorcycle and Kawasaki industrial engines, the locknuts are 9mm and there is no SAE that will work. I didn't think I'd ever see a need for 15mm 'til I worked on a BMW cop bike. Then ran into that size again on Cummins engines. I am increasingly convinced of a plot by the third worlders to control my toolbox. Just got back from a cruise with the Lady about 50 miles. 17798 is running well and even idling for several minutes at a time. Mileage is still pretty sad, but that will await another tuning session. I haven't yet admitted to the biggest faux pas. I won't bore you with it now, but it's one of those that could give me night sweats if I dwell on it. You all take care now.