|Wonder of wonders - after about five years, I finally performed some preventative maintenance on YELODOG:
Actually, the real purpose of this post is to confirm that the Webers do suffer from progression problems. THE IDLE MIXTURE ADJUSTMENT MADE A MARKED IMPROVEMENT ! ! ! !
- Carb balance was still quite correct. Used my new German device - much better than that thing with the floating ball.
- Plugs were fine but I put new ones in anyway.
- Timing was spot-on - well, I do have crank fired ignition !
- Checked cylinder pressure: All cylinders in 185-195 psi range. Just like new.
- Adjusted idle mixture via the pull-plug-wires method and there was some change in performance - below.
Perhaps some Weber users reading this post might also get an improvement.