View single post by JodyKerr
 Posted: 08-27-2010 02:37 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
JodyKerr

Do as Brett said in the first response.

I've found that the posts almost always stick from lack of lubrication over the years. I normally hit them with steel wool and a little penetrating oil. Also, it's much easier to fiddle with it on the bench. Remove the speedo cable (as mentioned) and the oil line. When you remove the oil line zip tie or tape a bag over the end. If you don't it's guaranteed to leak oil into your interior. You'll also have to disconnect the two main wirhing harness connections (1 black, 1 white if your wiring is still correct).

While you're in there I'd recommend changing out all the bulbs at once. Jim @ Delta Motorsports found a better bulb a year or so ago, they're much brighter. I'd get those bulbs, they make a huge difference.

The wiring that connects the bulbs is very thin. Go slowly and carfully. If you're ham fisted in there you'll be accidentally squishing the sockets or ripping them from the harness. Also, a lot of the bulbs ground to the bulb socket. Clean up all those connections and apply a little dielectic grease to them. It helps on reassembly as well as keeps them gack free if you need to go in there again.

Jody