View single post by kneff
 Posted: 06-28-2005 04:57 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
kneff

Mark,

Was no welding required? I thought that, as delivered, some welding would be required to assemble the system. I'm trying to decide what to do with my exhaust system, and I'd prefer a solution I could do myself. I have no welding equipment or expertise, so ...

Right now, I have what I've been told is a Delta header attached via an oversized (sleeve) pipe - welded at both ends - to a straight pipe that is itself attached to the 1-into-2 pipe that leads to the intermediate muffler. From that point back, everything is stock. The welds between the intermediate muffler and the pipes from it to the rear muffler have given way, the mounting bracket for the intermediate muffler is missing, and the pipes that go up and over the rear axle are banging on the left rear suspension bump stop.

What I'd really like to do is to remove everything aft of the oversized (sleeve) pipe and use that pipe to attach to an aftermarket - Delta or JHPS - system.

If the oversized (sleeve) pipe used to link the header to the straight pipe (replacement for front muffler) hadn't been welded at both ends, I could just unbolt everything and remove it. As it is, I'm thinking of hacksawing through the oversized pipe (as far rearward as possible) and reusing it to attach whatever system I end up with.

Advice and suggestions most welcome!

Thanks,
Ken