View single post by subwoofer
 Posted: 06-02-2010 05:51 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
subwoofer

To take one thing at a time:

Misfire: could be carbs. Are the Spec 5 mains on the lean side, or are they over rich? Seems to pull through nicely at 3/4 throttle, stumbles like crazy when I floor it. To me, that does not suggest a vacuum leak is the problem. Mech advance only. I must bring out the strobe light, could be it's over advanced and pinking. Strange sound when it happens.

Ignition light: Reterminated most of the connections to the battery main junction, two of the came apart when I touched them... Exciter circuit does not work, light is out when it is not charging, glows when charging, needs a bit of revving to self energize. Confirmed with measurements.

Wipers: brand new switches installed 2 years ago, used less than a dozen times. But it could easily be the connector feeding those switches. Back in the Lotus position with a multimeter to trace the problem.

PS: Yes, Norway is beautiful, but for southerners it may be a bit on the nippy side. :-) Summer is just beginning now, have a look at my project thread for a few snaps of what it looks like at the moment.

--
Joachim