View single post by Dan (Florida)
 Posted: 06-02-2010 03:00 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan (Florida)

Well, my 2 cents would be :

The ignition light would be about normal for having a different alternator installed. The ignition light normally stays on showing that the field coils are being excited by 12 volts from the battery allowing the (old alternator) to produce power. I can't imagine what it does with the new alternator.

The wipers  are straight forward. If the lights/horn/ turn signals work  then pull the steering wheel and cowling off and start at the turn signal switch. They all work off of one power wire. Work toward the motor and the ground after the motor.  The switch is another of the classic projects that you will have to address sooner or later. Resist the temptation of taking the switches apart unless you have plenty of patience. Parts will fly everywhere.

The miss sounds like a lean mixture.  Maybe check the intake gaskets or the brake booster or the vacuum advance if you have one. A high speed plug check could narrow the search.

good luck!!

I just read a ride report on advrider.com from 2 swedes that made a bike trip from Oslo to the arctic circle and back .  I never realised that Norway was so beautiful. The cold nearly did them in Though!

Dan