View single post by subwoofer
 Posted: 05-09-2010 08:05 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
subwoofer

Ms. Jensen has a major oil leak, most probably the rear crank seal. Not many other possibilities for losing 1 litre of oil in 90 minutes engine time, with no trace of burning oil.

I found the oil seals I was supplied from England (probably Lotus stock) to be difficult to install compared to other seals I have installed, I very nearly destroyed one on the exhaust cam, and the rear crank seal was incredibly difficult to install compared to the same-ish size seal on VW engines. Is this just coincidence?

Victor Reinz (VW) seal on the left, NTK (Lotus) seal on the right

The outside of the two differ significantly, and I think the NTK seals are a slightly larger outer diameter than the Victor Reinz seals, since the former are easy to tear, and the latter slide in quite easily.

Does anyone have a list of seal sizes on the 907? I can source seals locally from an industrial supplier at a much lower cost than any car parts store if I only know what to get...

Or is it possible to mount the oil seal holder enough off centre to allow it to leak? I have to remove it from the engine to get the seal in.

I would love to hear other folks experiences!

--
Joachim

Edit: left and right confusion

Last edited on 05-10-2010 06:19 am by subwoofer