View single post by Ron Earp
 Posted: 06-17-2005 02:49 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ron Earp

Well, most times it is much better than that, with John Courage, and Heffeweissens being my favorites, but, we had a recent party where lots of stuff was left and PBR was it. That being said it ain't so bad!

The SCCA isn't into originality, they are into racing.  So, little things like that do not matter for SCCA events - even National Vintage Events are not going to have a problem with a cover being reversed.  On the race car most things such as that are dispensed with for performance, safety, or ease of maintenence and rules that address little things that small do not exist.  I suppose if a JH ever graced Pebble Beach then it would be a problem, but I don't see that happening anytime soon! 

For IT racing, basically it is free suspension, exhaust, cage, wheels, tires etc.  The cams have to be stock, as does the induction, but you can port match and use any gear ratios you please, as well as update/backdate to eariler models - so I use a 5 speed although my car was a 4 speed.  So, the expensive stuff like engines do not get too out of hand with crazy modifications, but it is still very pricey and this will not be a cheap car once it is said and done. 

R