View single post by Mike Aubuchon
 Posted: 09-21-2009 05:51 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Mike Aubuchon

I repaired mine by connecting a short piece of 5/16" wide cable tie around the compression ring with three small flat head screws and nuts. I started by sanding a little off the broken end of the ring. This will leave a small gap at the pinch screw when reinstalling, allowing you to tighten as necessary. I set the loose end of the broken ring on the cable tie and drilled a small hole through the ring and the tie at the same time. I then carefully countersunk the hole on the inside of the ring just deep enough to receive the screw head. I inserted a screw through the ring and tie then tightened them with a nut. I repeated this for a second hole in the loose end of the ring. Next I cut the end of the tie to length so the loose part of the ring fit up to the main blinker assembly. I drilled and installed the third screw. I mounted the blinker to the steering shaft with the pinch screw and so far no problems.

Make sure you leave enough room for the pinch screw to clear the cable tie and the nut.

Hope this helps.