View single post by Kuleinc
 Posted: 07-17-2009 08:22 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Kuleinc

More news, when I turn the key to run, the brake and ignition lights on the dash light up, I assume this is normal for bulb check, and since engine isn't running. The starter does not spin with the key, someone has put a push button on the dash to make it spin, so I turn key to run and push button, car starts easily.  Now if the ignition light on dash happens to stay lit the car runs steady, no missing, if I rev the engine the light will go out and the engine will start to miss, and the miss is from the coil. The coil tested fine. What causes the light to go on and off, does the starter push button have anything to do with the car missing? I don't know how different these lucas electrical systems are than "normal" American stuff... Thought maybe it could be interfering....

Also there is a red wire feeding the luminition module, if I unplug it the engine dies, is this the wire from the tach?  Does the Tach feed the module? I do not see a wire on the ground side of the coil for the tach, which is what I'm used to seeing...

Last edited on 07-17-2009 08:23 pm by Kuleinc