View single post by Kuleinc
 Posted: 06-26-2009 05:04 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Kuleinc

Hi,
I've started work on my bosses 74 Jensen Healey. I wasn't aware how rare it was until I looked into it. Anyways I got the strombergs rebuilt and sorted and she fired right up after I leaned her out some and adjusted the bypass for least sensitivity. She runs real smooth until she gets warm, or if you rev the engine. When you start her up and she is idleing right the timing is at 10. If you rev her up the idle doesn't come back down and when I check the timing its at 20. I took the dizzy out and it has a luminition module in it, one of the fins is broken and has been glued back on by someone, and one of the springs on the advance weights is missing. I take it there are supposed to be two spings and this is causing the extra advance to stick in?

Are the new pertronic dizzys any good? I had one on my beetle, and it worked fine, its on my bros beetle now as I've moved up to DIS on my beetle. The beetle dizzy design is inherently flawed, so I moved away from the dizzies.

I was really surprised with how smooth and quiet this lotus engine is, I guess I've been working on beetles too long, all the ticking and stuff sounds normal to me now :-)