View single post by Judson Manning
 Posted: 06-12-2005 12:48 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Judson Manning

The head in the pic with the larger intake ports is the very one I'm currently running on the 907/910 hybrid with a hotter version of the 107 cams.  After this pic was taken, I did some additional port matching (my Dellorto manifold didn't need any work as it was bigger than the gasket!).

The gasket in the pic is the currently available 910 gasket available from the usual sources (the original 907 gasket IS smaller AND available as a special order from DBE, so Ron, wink wink nod nod...).

This particular head has the air injection fittings on the exhaust ports.  Additionally it had a water spigot behind cc #4 which tells me it came from a non-JH vehicle.

As Ron points out, the IT rules allow 'port matching' 1" from the gasket.  A novice can't screw up too badly by doing this mod to an earlier head by themselves.  To get some serious power, send it to an expert like Richard at WCRCH for a full porting job.

I don't know how the head in the pic and an authentic JH5 head compare, however, come to think of it...I do have an authentic JH 1974-1/2 head in my bone pile...hmmm