View single post by Judson Manning
 Posted: 05-30-2009 05:41 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Judson Manning

All -

John hinted at the beginnings of this little adolescent side-show "...i know this gets discussed...but I never saw an answer"

Like all good Americans, I will defend to my dying breath Tim's right to express his opinion.  However, answers and opinions are not synonymous, and you can't derive an answer from a philosophical discussion or revisionist history - only through experimentation and careful analysis of the resulting data.

For the record:  I didn't blast the 104 cam and I really don't think the 104 needs a White Knight to protect it, but that's just my opinion.  Contrary to his post, I do have experience with the 104, and no I wasn't trying to apply Spec 9 jettings to PowerJet carbs either. 

Getting back to the question:  To everyone out there with the means, please take your car to a local dyno shop, or organize a local dyno day with your local club and help us collect data.  The more data we have the better idea we have on answering these questions and putting an end to these adolescent distractions.

Judson