View single post by Ron Earp
 Posted: 06-11-2005 12:31 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ron Earp

I hope to get some dyno numbers really soon on mine and maybe on Brian's in Apex NC which is a couple miles from me. Brian's is a Paco motor with Dellortos and is reported to make a lot of hp, it'll be interesting to see how it does with my budget IT build. As Judson mentions, the Strombergs are underrated and can definitely make power. 

I feel that on the 907 the best things would be a stroker motor, compression bump, a really good port job on the intake and head, along with a really good exhaust system that would basically not involve any of the OEM crap in any way, and good cams last. 

I was frankly amazed at restrictiveness of the stock exhaust and the design - there was little, if anything about it that I liked and I feel there are some serious gains to be had here for little money.  As for Strombergs, have them rebuilt, attention taken to the buterfly and flow of the units, and use them. They will flow plently for the 2 or 2.2L motors and I know it for a fact - we use exactly the same carbs on a 3.5L Rover V8 in our race TR8 and it is now up to 184 rear wheel hp with more to come.

I will basically have all of the above but the performance cams, I have to use stock. Maybe I can get some dyno results in 3-4 weeks.

Ron

Last edited on 06-11-2005 01:10 pm by Ron Earp