View single post by marvinm
 Posted: 05-22-2009 03:35 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
marvinm

Well, the car is running...but...

After considering pulling the pretty chrome FlameThrower coil out of my Spitfire to try in the J-H, I decided I'd just bypass the coil resistor and see what happened.  From other thread, I assumed that worst case is it would run for a while and fry the Crane optical unit.

After bypassing, it started fine, although required a slight constant choke to keep from dying.  I'm sure this is from the fact that I am only "close" on the timing after dropping the distributor.

Question???  What would this tend to indicate and what and I do to test the various possibilities?  I'm handly with the voltage side of a multimeter, although have never figured out on my own how to measure resistance or amperage.  If anyone can direct, I'm certainly willing to experiment.

We're still unpacking after moving recently.  Condos don't lend themselves to someone with three LBCs, in addition to the two modern ones.  In addition to getting the engine running, I go my snazzy new 1000 watt work light and my Apple Airport Express working, allowing me to listen to my iTunes from Mac out in the garage wirelessly.  I love computers...except in relation to my vehicles.

Thanks to all for the replies.  All other's truly appreciated.

MarvinM - 10927