View single post by marvinm
 Posted: 05-18-2009 10:41 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
marvinm

Is it just my perception, but is there not only nothing holding the distributor in other than Newton's 2nd Law, but there is, in fact, a spring meant to push it out?

I've read through many of the posts about distributor and several allude to this falling out problem.  Mine has done so.  Is there a moderately easy way to get it back in (to stay) without tremendous disassembly of other bits of the engine?  I dread the thought of removing a carb or two and would probably have more luck pulling the whole intake.

Engine ran fine for a few weeks and in troubleshooting, I identified a few issues, resolved them, then moved to the next.  Unfortunately, I don't know when the distributor unseated...so this may not be the end of my troubles.  Belt fine, getting fire, although not necessarily at known time.  There is a Crane ignition system installed that I will replace with a pertronix.  Distributor is a non-vacuum Lucas model.

Any thoughts are appreciated.  Very fun car while it ran.  Large hands not an asset, although I do appreciate my Spitfire engine more now.

MarvinM - 10927