View single post by ozzadavies
 Posted: 02-02-2009 12:51 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ozzadavies

Seems like a happy outcome to this saga. I had a couple of checks made to the engine that indicated nothing was wrong. First test was a radiator pressure test that checked to see whether the coolant pressure changed when the engine was being revved - negative. The other was a radiator gas test to see whether any gas was getting into the coolant from the engine - again negative. The engineer's advice to me was to flush the engine and drive it more. It seems like the milky oil was appearing due to atmospheric conditions, i.e. more moisture in the atmosphere.

Plus, my hot starts have improved. I replaced the old air filter with K&Ns which means that the breather pipes from the crank case and cam cover are no longer routed into the air filter chamber. As my engine is a 'heavy breather' it used to discharge muck into the chamber. My theory is that it also discharged gas into the chamber that was stopping ignition from happening when I tried to start the car from hot. Has anyone else had experience of this?