View single post by Art DeKneef
 Posted: 01-29-2009 12:18 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Art DeKneef

From what I remember for those that would not press out I used a 1/4 quarter inch drill bit and drilled several holes all the way around. While drilling the holes I wiggled the bit back and forth to remove even more rubber. Eventually enough rubber was removed that the bushing in the middle fell out. After getting out as much rubber as I could I used a small wire wheel to clean the inside.

After everything was clean I primered everything, painted and then installed the bushings using the grease I got with my bushings.

On the bushing replacement on the rear end after getting the rubber out there was a thin metal tube that was between the rubber and the arm. I used an electric sawz-all with a fine blade and a light touch to cut through the metal tube. I checked the progress several times so I didn't cut into the arm. After making the cut tapping between the tube and the arm with an old thin screwdriver the tube popped out.

I don't have any close up pictures of this that I could quickly find so I'm not sure if I even have any. If you need more info just ask.

Art