View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 12-31-2008 09:49 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

Hi Jim,
Garry Kemps advised me to get rid of the stock fan and install an electric fan preferrably fitted between radiator and engine so that the front of the radiator gets free airflow. Your engine i'm sure is in great condition and you have an uprated 3 core radiator, so you should be fine. Garry assured me that his JH hardly ever has to use the electric fan when driving, only occassionaly when stuck in traffic. You gain an additional 5 HP or so as bonus.
I haven't had the time yet to get the mechanical fan out and get an electric fan in, but i have been looking at Kenlowe fans, which seem to have HD version that flow really well. Please keep me posted on your progress as i need to go through this soon (in Netherlands we have an awful lot of traffic jams!! unfortunately)

To Ozzadavies: the JH doesn't have a viscous fan coupling. Problem is that when sitting still in traffic every engine starts heating up after some time and this is when you need a fan to kick in. Since the mechanical JH fan will be spinning very slow at idle the engine won't get the extra cooling when needed. And when back on high speed the engine gets sufficient cooling from driving although the mechanical fan then is blowing full force

To all: wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year with lots of JH motoring!!