View single post by kneff
 Posted: 06-02-2005 03:02 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
kneff

Last weekend I attempted to replace the engine mounts. I say "attempted" because I only succeeded in replacing the right (intake side) mount. I did not see any easy way to remove the upper nut on the left (exhaust side) mount.

The mount on the exhaust side looks fine, so what's driving me is really more an obsession with thoroughness than anything else. I'll admit that I didn't try too hard, as it was a holiday weekend and I had family visiting. I would like to complete the job, though.

Any words of wisdom on techniques, tools, etc. for reaching the upper nut on the left (exhaust side) engine mount? I'm hoping there's some non-obvious but clever way to get this nut off. Unlikely, I know.

BTW, on my car the mount I did replace seemed to be original ("Metalastic" on the donuts, etc.) but they are exactly the same thickness as the replacement mounts I purchased from Delta. I was very happy to discover this, as it obviated (love that word) the need for additional spacers. There was one spacer on the intake side, but none on the exhaust side.

Ken