View single post by subwoofer
 Posted: 11-04-2008 06:13 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
subwoofer

I'm aiming for the 180(+) range, which should be doable without too many trick mods, provided I can get it to rev closer to 8k without making it tear itself apart. Pushing 200 and beyond seems to be a victim of the law of diminishing returns, the cost does not (to me, anyway) justify the results.

If it's not a torque monster, the bottom end will hold up better, right? The forces on the bottom end should be proportional to torque, not power output, the oil film should actually be thicker at higher RPM due to higher relative velocities, or did I get this all wrong? It's been a few years since university, and I never took the tribology course...

All this leads up to another question or two: How crazy will the 2.0 behave with a 104/107 combo? Will the 107/107 combo rev better if set to 104deg lobe centers? CR must come up from the 8.4:1 joke of the federal spec, and the 2.0 is ridiculously oversquare, but how will the characteristics be? Sometimes I do feel a little italian (life starts at 4k rpm...) I do not live in a major city, and I do not intend to use it for driving to and from work, so stop-and-go traffic is not where it will spend most of its time.

--
Joachim