View single post by Judson Manning
 Posted: 11-04-2008 01:23 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Judson Manning

Erik,

I think we'd all agree The Shark demonstrates there is nothing 'cheap' or 'simple' about your taste!  Did you ever get a dyno plot for that engine?  I'd really like to see how the curve (not the numbers) looks compared to a dual 107 2.2 configuration.  If cheap and simple are the driving factors then the decision really is about how much HP Joachim wants.  More HP = more $$

If Joachim wants a 2.2 my suggestion is to source a complete 912/910 engine.  10-doweling a 907 isn't the expensive part, you've got to add line-honing/boring, alternate mains for the x-drilled 2.2 crank, etc.  For a RHD car these modificatios to the 907 are much simpler than modifying the car for a 912/910 block. 

The 10-doweling and line-boring isn't necessary for a 2.0 engine unless you just want a bullet-proof bottom-end and peace of mind.  I've done the Chrysler main bearing conversion on a few 907 blocks which tends to run ~$1000US.  DBE had at one time a jig to do the 10-doweling on a mill that they rented out.  Finding a willing machinist is the real hard part!

Judson