View single post by jgreen
 Posted: 09-20-2008 01:01 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
jgreen

Having been thrilled with my autometer temperature gauge, I decided to look into the availability of an autometer electronic speedometer gauge for my toyota 5 speed conversion transmission.  Unfortunatley my original speedometer cable which came with my transmission conversion kit from conversion components broke early on and sourcing a replacement was ridiculously expensive. I have also ended up rebuilding my speedometer once from the broken cable damage and really wanted to see if a better fix existed. I've been using my GPS as my speedometer for years because I was basically to lazy to look into other less expensive options.

A company called "speedometer service center" - 1-414-463-6660 makes a custom conversion adapter to the W series ( 55-58) which screws into the old mechanical speedometer cable connection and provides a electronic feed to any autometer electronic speedometer. No more cable and it's inherent inaccuracies from tire size, connections etc.

The cost of the Electronic conversion adapter for the w series transmission was $95.00 FWIW department

cheers

john