View single post by Greg Fletcher
 Posted: 07-30-2008 04:28 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Greg Fletcher

I'm sorry to report the death of longtime club member and Jensen enthusiast, Garth Pacaud, aka Major Garth L. Pacaud, ret.

Garth loved the Jensen marque and was a tireless supporter of the club, instrumental in organizing the 1994 Jensen National Meet, having acted as Club Membership Director (more or less), Club Secretary, Club Historian (although no one ever really knew what this position entailed), but most importantly, Club Morale Officer. Garth and his wonderful wife, Kathy, never hesitated to act as Club Party Masters Extraordinaire in hosting countless parties over the years and bringing great joy to their friends and fellow Jensen owners.

Garth had an amazing personality, he was truly one of a kind. Always ready with a joke and a slap on the back, I could count on Garth for making me laugh. Garth was also fearless. Many a club tech session found him standing over his Jensen Healey, bonnet open, carburetors leaking gasoline, he with a cigarette causally hanging over the rising fumes and ashes occasionally dropping onto the engine. If you saw it, you would never forget it.

We will miss you Garth.

Memorial Service for Garth Pacaud: August 11, 2008, 11:00 AM
Loma Vista Memorial Park, 701 Bastanchury Road, Fullerton, CA. Location: Garden Mausoleum, San Rafael Wall “A”. Gathering at the Pacaud’s after the Memorial.