View single post by Ian Brooks
 Posted: 07-08-2008 04:26 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ian Brooks

One good thing to come out of these high diesel prices is I dusted off Jenny ,replaced the gas & started to to drive her around for all those little trips,after a year of just sitting.Ist thing I did was to replace the Girling shocks with some Spax I had lying around.What a difference,cant believe I waited this long,& how bad the old shocks were.She is a bit bouncy now but,I will throw a sack of sand in the boot & see if that remedies anything.After a week of driving it with the new shocks I decided to put Sunday aside & put the front & rear sway bars I ,d bought 2 years ago.I took my time ,& after deliberating the exact placement of the rear bar finally got it done .Wow the cornering is brilliant now compared to pre shock & bar fittng.The tires are complaining now so Iwill wear these ones down a bit before replacing  them as I think bushing replacement will be the next thing I do. So for those sitting on the fence about getting those bars installed that have been sitting in your garage forever,take the time to do it, they are not that hard,that is assuming the front brackets are facing the right direction,I guess I lucked out on that one.I now look forward to driving her on a daily basis.Ian