View single post by Ben Friedman
 Posted: 05-29-2005 12:10 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ben Friedman

I recently pulled off the turn signal assembly to find out why the turn signals aren't working.  I'm pretty sure that the problem lies with the assembly, since I can't get an Ohm reading if I connect the input and output wires on the 9-way connecter to a meter while I have the turn signal depressed in either direction.  The problem I am now facing is this:

When I pulled off the plate that keeps the turn signal and wiper/washer assemblies together, pieces started flying off the side of the turn signal.  Everything seemed spring loaded, and I am know left with a variety of extremely small parts, but no idea as to where they go.  This includes 3 springs, a small metal ball, a copper rod about 1/8-1/4 inch long, a plastic spring holder-thingy, and 4 little plastic things that look like they sit on the end of the springs.  I also have the major plastic thing, with the plastic turn signal-canceling arms attached to it.

Does anyone have a picture of what this whole thing looks like when not in shambles?  I really have know idea as to what goes where, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.