View single post by Frank Schwartz
 Posted: 07-05-2008 03:04 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Frank Schwartz

Yes, indeed...you want a dimmer switch from an X type Jaguar   XJ 79-87 and XJS 82 - 91.
It is an exact fit and your old knob fits it too.  As it comes from the Jaguar and the dumb manufacturer, it will not quite go to full brightness.  I have an easy fix I can do on it...the unit will outlast you..and the car most likely.  Jaguar getss(this is real) 275 bucks for one new (shameless highway robbery) and I get them when I can find them at PullApart for a few bucks..
The bulbs you get from Delta (very inexpensive and the only, really the only ones that do the job,  and the results are startling...first ...the dimmer works, really works, and you don't have to have a flashlight to read the gauges any more at night.
If you do go to Pullapart in Atlanta..where I found a few last year...also look at MGs and the like and get one of those red pilot light reflectors..you know, they come green for turn signals and so on...and if you can find a red one, pull out the green one that supposedly illuminates the oil pressure gauge in your JH from the top and push in the red one...you will find it a great improvement as well.
More information..email me off this list...