View single post by jgreen
 Posted: 06-29-2008 01:35 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
jgreen

Although, wonderful people on the phone, my experience with Dave Bean Engineering has been challenging to say the least. They seem very unorganized. I ordered an HTD pulley set ( green dot) from them........ the process was a nightmare. They sent the wrong parts th first time and during the exchange for correct parts ( they had to back order), they took 3 and 1/2 months to refund the difference as they somhowhow managed to "double charge' me for a couiple of incorrect pulleys.

Advice:

1) Tom is very knowledgeable but seems memory and organizationally challenged.

2) The billing department is a mess...... pay with a credit card...... that way you will have a decent paper trail as to what was purchased and the date..... dave Bean won't have a clue as they are unorganized and at times took as much as 3 weeks to get a call back.

3) If something is backordered.... wait until the part comes in before ordering.... DO NOT PREPAY... EVER. Their records are terrible and most likely, the stuff will come in and they will sell it to someone else and forget all about you as you wait patiently for a call. Their back order system is not computer driven.... it is people driven. They will forget all about you until you remind them and fax them a receipt. Just call every week until the parts come in and you will have a much better experience.

Just my experience, not necessarily the experience of others.