View single post by Dan Eiland
 Posted: 06-03-2008 01:09 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Eiland

Bob,

Wish I had known. I hate inventing things myself if I can copy what someone else has done and it works. What bellhousing did you use to make yours work? I'm using the early Lotus Excel bellhousing that was originally used with the Toyota tranny. I'm using the the 94-97 Mustang transmission that had the longer input shaft and the shifter comes out in the original location with no modifications to the tunnel. Still had to have an aluminum adapter made to connect the transmission to the Excel bellhousing. The machine shop modified my original pivot pin from my 4 speed when they should have left it alone and just modified the adapter it screws into so it is in the correct location. At this point I may just cut the threaded part off the pivot pin and drill a hole into the bottom and then tap it to fit a stud. I can then mount a stud into the pivot pin mounting location on my adapter and thread the pivot pin onto the stud making it adjustable. All I would need to add is a nut to lock the pivot pin in place once I find the ideal location. You can see photos of what I'm doing and follow my project at the JHPS Photo Page below:

http://jhppg.com/gallery/Texas-Critter

I'll probably play around with the transmissions gear ratios later so they'll better match my engines performance curve. If anyone would like to see more photos please let me know and I'll post whatever you would like to see or whatever interests you.