|View single post by jcrc1|
|Posted: 04-28-2008 07:32 pm||
|Jensen Nationals -2008 Planning Weekend And Jart Tournament Update
Well, I got back from NY yesterday after spending a nice weekend with Jeff and Laura as they were busy putting the finishing touches on the 2008 Jensen Nationals in Watkins Glen Ny.
Jeff dusted off one of his many official "JARTS" tournament games and quickly set up the playing field. Of course, there is only one way to properly play Jarts and that is with sufficient amounts of one's favorite alcoholic beverage. Jeff played very well while I was able to hold my own throughout the afternoon. Bloody mary's and decent wine do help with one's jart throwing accuarcy.
We have compiled the following tips for those who are new to Jarts and would welcome some sage advice.
1) The HIGHER the JART is thrown........ the Less accurate the jart becomes in finding the correct target.
2) It is impossible to FLIP the Jart in midair for fancy shots. The jart is too nose heavy and is designed obviously for deep penetration in the target area.
3) An afternoon of playing JARTS will positively aerate your lawn for the summer.
4) When a player says....." HEY, WATCH THIS"........ nothing good can happen..... RUN
5) Only official JARTS games are best.... they have replacement parts available online. You can always tell the official game as it says " The Fun Family Missile Game" on the package.
6) Jarts are affected positively and negatively when throwing them with the wind.
Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing everyone again this year!