View single post by Jay
 Posted: 03-07-2008 04:46 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jay

I have been considering the installation of an Accusump or MasterLube as described in the March 2002 issue of the JHPS Magazine. I like the idea of pre-oiling at start-up. You see as my car is not started every day, many times (if it sits for a period of days or weeks) it takes a considerable amount of cranking to get her started. I also experience rather low oil pressure when at an idle after engine warm-up. I was thinking that while driving the car, I could turn on the valve at some of the longer idle stops to get the additional boost in oil pressure. My concern is that by using these sorts of oilers during normal operation of the engine, am I going to introduce too much oil into the engine? Can the valve be left on full time when driving the car? I was thinking about installing a 2 quart system. Anyone have any specific recommendations or thoughts on the matter. While were talking about oil pressure. What is considered the minimum acceptable oil pressure of a fully heated engine while at idle? I just want to know if I should be overly concerned. I was also wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the idea of automatic valve/relay system that would open the valve automatically if the oil pressure would drop below a preset limit?

Thanks for any advice,

Jay

Last edited on 03-07-2008 04:52 pm by Jay