View single post by Judson Manning
 Posted: 05-21-2005 06:39 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Judson Manning

Kurt,

I'm going to agree with Mark in that the pump probably isn't the area that needs the most improvement.  As long as you have a quality rebuild and the impeller to housing distance is within spec, the turbo pump probably won't give you much improvement if other elements of your cooling system are maxed out.

The Aluminum / Brass radiator debate has raged on this board numerous time, and with that said, we don't need another comparison thread.  However, the lesson here is to understand is that a poorly designed or built radiator is just a bad radiator, no matter the construction material.

After 3 rebuilt/re-cored JH radiators, I threw in the towel and adapted an aftermarket radiator.  It's smaller, has only 2 rows, and is made of a material that conducts heat worse than the JH radiator, but my cooling problems are solved.

If I had an unlimited budget, I'd have someone like Griffin build me a custom radiator using the same magic they have that keeps NASCAR machines from overheating.  Alternatively, the Jensen GT uses a larger radiator and it wouldn't be difficult to adapt one to a JH.

Judson