View single post by Dan Eiland
 Posted: 11-16-2007 02:18 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Eiland

I installed the DMS upgraded springs and I'm concerned about the height of my car. Currently the car is completely stripped to bare metal, but I have rebuilt the front and rear suspensions with all new polyurethane bushings and the DMS upgraded springs. I re-installed the suspension and left all the attaching points loose for now. I will have to take it all apart again for painting so I didn't want to tighten the suspension down yet. I have noticed the car sits up very high above my new tires and wheels. Just doing a quick, and not too accurate, measurement, the rear fender sits about 4 inches above the rear tire and the front fender sits about 4.75 inches above the front tire. I'm having my fenders flared front and rear to fit my tires which are 245/45/16 in the rear on an 8 inch rim and 225/45/16 up front on a 7 inch rim. Once I have the fenders flared I was hoping the car would sit very close to the tires. This isn't going to happen. I have already had the engine and transmission in the car and there was almost no change in the height, maybe a half inch drop. From the looks of things I might need to remove the DMS springs and have them modified to drop the car to the height I want. Anyone run across this issue before?

Dan Eiland

Attachment: Slide1.JPG (Downloaded 106 times)