View single post by edward_davis
 Posted: 10-10-2007 01:20 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
edward_davis

It seems like going to 300 hp with the 9XX engine should be possible through supercharging or turbocharging.  Since the hp is proportional to the intake air pressure, you could take a mostly stock JH 907 and get it to make ~280 hp by blowing in 1 bar of additional pressure.  It would require a lot of work on the rest of the engine to make sure it was reliable with that much boost, but you could get there without having to go to the stroker crank or high compression piston set. 

I see turbo and supercharged cars every month in Hot Rod, and it makes a lot of sense with the equipment you can buy today.  Might be cheaper and faster to find a place under the hood for a turbo and an intercooler than to do all of the reworking necessary to get a different engine in there.  And it would be relatively easy to keep the weight distribution 50-50.  If you were worried, you could remote-mount the turbo in the rear and pipe the pressurized intake air up to the front.  I don't think that would be necessary, though, since the JH has a slight rearward weight bias in stock trim.

Just my bit o' bench racing.

-Edward Davis