View single post by mohessian
 Posted: 09-20-2007 11:30 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
mohessian

Thanks Jim, but you fail to notice the word "project" in the project name.  The latest that this car would have run is 1984.  It has sat with me for a year, but now I want to start at least tidying it up.

Unbeknownst to me, there was a key in the ignition switch.  I have moved the car in and out of the garage, and had been able to rotate the steering wheel while jockeying it back and forth.  I decided to see if the key would work.

The key went in and out of the slot.  The lock rotated to what felt like an "on" position, rotated further it went to the start position and returned via its spring to "on". 

Counterclockwise from the "off" position, I may have felt a detent for the accessory position, I kept going counterclockwise to the final position, and had my fingers on the lock button underneath.  I felt a nice clean "click" through contact with the button,  and the column was locked.

I've tried rotating the wheel back and forth, clunking against the stops, while trying to move the key clockwise away from "lock".  I've also pushed and pulled on the lock button while trying to move the key.  No Good.

Is there a secret to the lock button?