View single post by Steve Jarvis
 Posted: 08-24-2007 09:37 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Steve Jarvis

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve attached a quick picture with some text to indicate lengths. Trust the following will clarify some of my comments:

• The lever is towards the rear of the slot (i.e. transmission end) as per your description as you can see in the picture. When I indicated centred I meant between the longer sides and that the lever appeared to be seated properly on the pivot point.
  • The cable is seated properly at the pedal end and also at the nylon guide end.
  • I had to cut the threaded rod and add about an inch to get enough thread through the lever, rubber pad and nylon component.
  • As I mentioned the only other item that could cause this is that the pivot ball in the bell housing that the clutch lever rides on is not seated properly and is too far towards the motor. Appears correct when viewed with a mirror. 

There is certainly not enough threaded rod to achieve 1 ½ inches past the clutch lever without the extension. Clutch does shift well now but shouldn't be this difficult. 

Attachment: Clutch Cable.JPG (Downloaded 74 times)

Last edited on 08-24-2007 09:37 pm by Steve Jarvis