View single post by Joel
 Posted: 08-15-2007 11:19 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Joel

There are guys here with more experience than I - but I have 2 - one running and one waiting to tear down.  I think you need to ask yourself if you're into it for the experience of doing a restoration or if it's an awesome car that you want to drive.

If you're dying to do a restoration - give him 500 bucks and knock yourself out.

If you just think it's a damn cool car and can't wait to drive it around there are a bunch of really reasonably priced cars on this site's "marketplace".  Some of them have been listed for quite a while and I'm sure are negotiable.  At the end of the day you're going to have a lot more $$ info your restoration than if you just bought one of these other cars that's running.

Of course, I have one sitting here that I can't wait to tear apart and put back together - just because I want the project.  I'll never get out of it what I put into it but I just want to do it for the experience. 

I'm sure you'll get some sage advice from others but take a close look at what's for sale here - you might find something.